It can be challenging to find the time to read a book so here’s a ten-minute video introduction to “Clean Burning Biomass Cookstoves” (2020), our recent updating of the 2015 edition. Download the book for free on the publications page. We spent a significant part of last year rewriting most of the book trying to put in one place pretty much everything that ARC has learned in the last five years. The plan is to do the same in 2025.
The summary includes:
- The energy ladder and renewable biomass
- Fire is investigated in the lab
- Stoves are designed by cooks in the field
- Factories tell us how to help them
- Chimneys and air exchange rates protect health
- A new outside air model helps to predict PM2.5
- Increasing heat transfer efficiency! No problem
- Residence time is shorter than previously imagined
- Metering and mixing get us most of the way to cleaner combustion
- There are great new stoves!
- Let’s move faster