http://aprovecho.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/image-1-e1683852943480.png 574 900 Kim Still http://aprovecho.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Aprovecho-Logo.png Kim Still2023-05-18 12:43:332023-05-18 12:43:35Electricity: Planning for Net Zero by 2040
- Transitioning to carbon neutral electric generation would replace a big climate problem in the U.S., since about 60% of its electricity comes from burning natural gas.
- The World Energy Forum forecasts that around 40% of electricity could be from wind and solar doing most of the heavy lifting by 2040, enabling a net zero global future.
- Today hydropower provides about 16% of the world’s electricity, generating power in all but two U.S. states. 80% to 90% of our electricity at the lab comes from the wonderful Columbia River.
- ARC is working to clean up combustion so renewable biomass (domestic switch grass, for example) could cook food and heat homes when fossil fuels are no longer available.
- Reading a book at night in a warm house is a wonderful thing. Somebody is playing the piano… Dinner was great.